Get connected with other members of the St Johns Chamber of Commerce
News from our Members
Patti Greenough, CEO of EPIC Behavioral Healthcare since 1990, has been named a 2017 Behavioral Health Champion by Behavioral Healthcare Executive, a national publication. Greenough is one of four recipients of the award which honors outstanding leaders for their unique abilities to influence positive change and help more people on the journey of treatment and recovery. According to the publication, “the 2017 Champions were selected from dozens of outstanding nominees who are making a difference in the development, delivery and effectiveness of mental health and substance-use disorder treatment services. The Champions have proven they can expand services while also being responsive to the needs of the community."
Greenough has more than 40 years experience in the field of behavioral health with 27 years as the CEO of EPIC Behavioral Healthcare. Accomplishments noted in her nomination include:
• Quintupling the size of EPIC and successfully expanding the provision of prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery support services throughout the community;
• Founding member and current chair of the St. Johns County Behavioral Health Consortium and also founding member and current chair of the statewide Florida Behavioral Health Association;
• Leading the campaign that brought a detox/residential facility to the county (after 20 years of there not being a detox center in St. Johns County);
• An initial member of community boards for entities such as Kids Bridge, Betty Griffin Center, and the West Augustine Weed and Seed Strategy;
• Creating new substance abuse services such outpatient treatment for Adult Drug Court and Veterans Court, an in-jail addictions program with the Sheriff’s Office and an alternative to suspension program with the School District.
According to her staff, “access to care” is a mantra that Patti lives her life by – it is critical to her that we continue to break down barriers to anyone receiving the behavioral health services they need. Greenough’s colleague Schuyler Siefker, Executive Director at St. Augustine Youth Services says “When I read the criteria for the award, I immediately thought of Patti. The strides she has made in our community and state in behavioral health has been tremendous. Her commitment to the people we serve has been inspiring." In terms of the nomination and award, Greenough noted “it was a complete surprise and honor to be nominated for this prestigious award and I feel to have been selected as a Behavioral Healthcare Champion is a win for the entire community." The winning Champions will be profiled in the Summer 2017 issue of Behavioral Healthcare Executive and will be recognized at a special ceremony during the National Conference on Addiction Disorders in Baltimore on August 20.
EPIC has been serving the St. Johns County community since 1973 and offers inpatient detoxification and residential substance abuse services and outpatient mental health and substance services for children, adolescents, families and adults. For more information, call (904) 829-2273.
The Web.com Tour Championship has announced PIVOT CPAs as the tournament’s Official CPA Firm and sponsor of the PIVOT Poolside Lounge. The 2017 tournament will be contested at Atlantic Beach Country Club the week of September 25 – October 1.
Skip the mall for an intimate holiday shopping event that will support local businesses!
The Bailey Group has earned the Gold-Level Award from the First Coast Worksite Wellness Council for the third consecutive year.
Mark your calendars and get ready to tip BIG! Make your reservations at Aqua Grill February 7, 2017.